March 2, 2010

a tea party - Alice In Wonderland

Continuing the theme of Alice in Wonderland, I have a lovely inspirational tea party to share with you.
 
The above image is part of a photo shoot on show over at Style Me Pretty. I often take a peek at this wonderful wedding site. It is full of beautiful images that, even if you're not planning a wedding, can offer inspiration. The quality of the images is always outstanding and a real showcase for some very talented American wedding photographers and stylists. 
The series of images today is by Amorology Weddings and it is set in an orchard, so the colour palette is full of lots of green with burst of citrus colours. The eclectic mix of chairs and dinnerware is what reminded me of an Alice in Wonderland tea party.

As you can see there are definitely a few ideas to be borrowed. I love the vintage handkerchiefs used as a garland. I have a lovely collection of these from my grandmothers that haven't seen the light of day since I was a very little girl! I also like the metal bucket overflowing with a flowers and even some citrus branches, and again the miss-matched plates and glassware in those bright colours.
Would you like to join me for an orchard tea party? We could all bring our own chairs, cutlery & glassware to create our own eclectic look.
Check out the whole photo shoot here at Style Me Pretty as well as Amorolgy Weddings website & blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails