March 23, 2010

deco dreaming - reading nook

Following on from yesterdays indoor camping post, I have gone "shopping" for fabulous accessories to fit out my tent. I like this type of shopping where you spend no money, but get all the thrill of finding perfect objects. I've hit up some of my favourite homeware and furniture sellers. I even tried to source most things from local, aussie stores just to give it a sense of something I could actually go out and get!

top left: Scales mobile by Polli - I think this would look lovely hanging inside from the top. It would move around gently. I also like the two little birds sitting on the top bar!
top right: Samantha Robinson Illuminators -  I couldn't resist adding some of Samantha's beautiful porcelain illuminators. These look fabulous both in daylight where you can appreciated the lovely patterns and then they transform into wonderful glowing vessels when lit form inside by candlelight.
middle right: Of course no reading nook can do without a way of consuming caffeine. These great mugs are from Maxwell Williams - Candy Lime Mug and Polkadot Cup & Saucer. I think they add a bit of colour and fun. they also would coordinate with the Kas linen I picked out yesterday
bottom left: I've headed to the USA now to Brocade Home which I just wish would open down here. I love all their furniture, and this turned wood pedestal table in high gloss white is a perfect modern yet classic piece.
bottom right: and lastly I turned to my other fave US retailer - CB2. This knitted pouf would be nice sitting outside the tent, maybe tucked under the side table.
I hope you enjoyed this little virtual shopping trip with me. Please check out all the stores above and have fun finding little treasures to put on your own 'wish' lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails