September 28, 2010

positive kismet

Talk about kismet! I've been having a completely horrid few days at work and just went for some time out to The Design Files in search of eye candy - and there was a whole post on Positive Posters.
 {image via The Design files}
Positive Posters is an international poster competition in its second year. Established in Victoria, Australia by graphic designer Nick Hallam the competition "gives graphic designers an outlet to create freely, and to use their skills to inspire, challenge and make a positive difference in a non-commercial way". Ahhhhh how nice! This could not be more appropriate for me as all my creative juices are being stifled by corporate bureaucracy at the moment. The brief for this years competition is based around this quote by Benjamin Franklin:

I haven’t failed; I’ve had 10,000 ideas that didn’t work

You can check out the gallery of finalists here. Somehow Lucy at Design files managed to capture my top 4 from this list - all of which I want to plaster my workspace with :-) 
Jump over to Positive Posters and find your favourites from this years competition as well as loads of positive messaging packaged in great design! Also, drop by The Design Files and see if you can't find your own inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails